Final Project - Art Show!

12:15 PM

For their final project, the students participated in their school's "Art and Math" night. They set up their artwork around the classroom, and I wrote little descriptions of each project for their parents to see. Many of the kids brought their families into the classroom and walked them around, explaining what they had learned. It was so rewarding for me to see how excited they were to show their parents what they had made. They were most excited about their islands, and wanted to tell their families about every detail of them. They even were excited to talk about the pieces their classmates had created. I love how confident children were about their work - they were not apologetic about it at all. They did not overthink things or worry that they were not good enough, they were just excited to express their individual ideas. I really have learned so much from these students, and from teaching them about art. It has been a wonderful experience for me! I have been reminded of the reasons that I love art, and I have been able to improve my ability to plan, teach, and help them stretch their creativity. I hope to have more teaching opportunities like this one in the future.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe